Thursday, August 09, 2007

things that make me mad....!

A couple of days ago I was standing in a queue at the post office in Harvard Square, here in Cambridge, Massachuestts. I was behind a gentlman who admired my Kenyan necklace. We got chatting and I discovered he was Nigerian, educated at Harvard and a writer. We then got chatting about African literature and.....Zimbabwe (surprise!). He asked me how things were in Zim. I replied that things are not so good -- something of an understatement, all things considered. He then proceeded to tell me that "it's funny that the victor (i.e. the British....!!) is now crying the victim." and that "Zimbabwe's economy collapsed due to Britain's sanctions." Although i was boiling inside, I simply replied that everyone in Zimbabwe is crying right now and terminated the conversation.

Seriously? In Harvard Square I get to hear Zanu's propoganda spouted by an educated man??? Jeepers.......save us Lord!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Fuzz said...

Hi Verity, I'm still reading your blog. Looks like some distance from Zim has given you inspiration, or free time with technology, to write! Thanks to RSS I get alerts when you've posted something new. Keep it up. See you Saturday I hope, Jeff

August 09, 2007 5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home